Sunday, February 10, 2013

Eating Out: Tee Pee Mexican Food

One of my favorite places to eat Mexican food is Tee Pee Mexican Food in Phoenix. I have been eating here for so many years. I even had a birthday party when I was a kid here. I remember that one of my friends, who is the pickiest eater I know, ordered a hamburger there and I couldn't imagine why anyone would order American food at a Mexican restaurant. And then she squirted what she thought was ketchup on her burger which ended up being hot sauce. I always think of that story when I end up here to eat. There aren't many options for me, obviously, but there is one that I get every single time just because I love it so much. Even if there was something else I could eat, I wouldn't want to since this is the only reason I keep coming back here. Beware: The picture of this dish looks quite gross, but I guarantee it is quite delicious.
What I get is a bean chimichanga with no cheese, and no sour cream. Then I order all beans on the side and no rice. I have never asked, but I am pretty sure the rice is made with chicken stock, though I was never crazy about the rice here anyways. And surprisingly the beans are not made with lard, which is hard to come by in a Mexican restaurant. It is then topped with red sauce and guacamole. I hardly ever finish the entire thing, and I never take leftovers home because it doesn't reheat well. But every once in awhile when I am feeling like I want to eat something gross and full of calories, I come here and enjoy this meal. 
 YUMMERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment