Friday, June 21, 2013

Chickpea Salad Sandwich

Since becoming vegan I haven't been too creative in the sandwich department other than PB&J or grilled vegetables with pesto. Things like that. Pretty simple stuff. I have a few books with sandwich ideas but they all are pretty involved and unless I have hours to kill in the kitchen I look more for simple sandwiches that will last for a week's worth of meals. 
Enter the chickpea salad sandwich...
This isn't the best picture, and I meant to get one of all the ingredients I used, but I forgot, so I shall just tell you what they were. In the filling was cooked chickpeas, chopped celery and red bell peppers, some earth balance vegan mayo, salt, pepper, and celery salt. Mashed together until I got the consistency I wanted and then plopped it on some whole grain bread with lettuce. I even added chips to the inside of the sandwich posted above because I like the crunch. I make this every couple of weeks and I make a batch big enough that it makes at least 10 sandwiches, so when I am hungry and don't want to cook I can just make myself a sandwich easy peasy. 
Thats all she wrote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment