Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Linguini with Spicy Red Sauce

     Monday and Wednesday nights I take a Pilates class at Mesa Community College which doesn't get out until 8, so when I come home I am looking to make something quick and easy. Pasta is usually what I make when I am in a pinch since it doesn't take too long to cook. I make a different version of a pasta with a spicy red sauce I modified from the book "1000 Vegan Recipes", but I decided to go even more simple and scale down the number of ingredients. This version only includes four ingredients, not including basics like salt and olive oil. Before I get into it here is this...

A lovely picture of a mound of chopped garlic, my favorite ingredient in the whole entire world 
      So after starting with the mound of garlic, and while the pasta water was boiling, I sautéed the delicious garlic in olive oil with a very large handful of red pepper flakes until fragrant.
Then in went a 28 ounce can of tomato puree and some salt, which I then simmered for about fifteen minutes.
Once the pasta was cooked to al dente, I added it to the sauce to cook for a remaning one minute until completely done. 
I usually serve myself the correct serving size for pasta, which is one cup, but I was hungry today and decided to give myself a large bowl. I topped it with sliced basil leaves and ate it all up.
BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment