Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Eating Out: Gallo Blanco

By far and away, one of my FAVORITE places to eat vegan at is Gallo Blanco in Phoenix. I found this place a little under two years ago and fell in love with it. Happy hour is my favorite time to come because all of my favorite things are cheaper! Usually I start off with one of their classic margaritas, which are my favorite anywhere that I have found, but I didn't get one this time since my husband decided he wanted one. It is freaking delicious. I was jealous. Instead I started with chips and guacamole (no cheese).
I always forget to take pictures before I start to eat so excuse the messy half eaten bowl. I can tell you though that it is a pretty delicious guacamole. Along with all of the normal guacamole makings, they add citrus pieces, like oranges and grapefruits, which makes it pretty interesting. It isn't spicy at all, which I usually prefer in a guacamole, but I like that this one is a cool and refreshing take on guacamole. 

For my main I always get the veggie tacos, two or three depending on how hungry I am, and the beans with no cheese.
The veggie tacos come stuffed with fresh, local vegetables that change every time I come in depending on what is in season. Today it was some corn, mushrooms, squash, tomatoes, and spinach. They are then topped with some more guacamole. The beans are just a really tasty vegetarian refried bean. Usually they are more mashed than they were today, but I like to eat them with the chips so it doesn't really matter if they are mashed or not. 

If you have never been to Gallo Blanco I highly recommend you check it out. Even if you are not a veggie. My husband had the flapjacks for dinner tonight and loved them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment